October 4, 2013

Dinner for two

"Girls do not dress for boys. They dress for themselves, and, of course, each other. If girls dressed for boys they'd just walk around naked at all times." 
-Betsey Johnson

Oh the wise, wise Betsey. Thankfully my girl's-night-out date, Miss Rubi, entirely appreciated my outfit, as did I appreciate her sky-high heels. We also both appreciated some very decadent food. 


The Birthday month is officially over, which is a pity, but Rubi and I made sure to go out with a bang: a good ol' Happy Birthday to us! We treated ourselves to dinner at The Melting Pot.  


I must say, I love fondue, but one must know that it is a process of a meal. If you're going to dinner with your best friend where you can act like "22 year olds" and gossip/giggle for a solid four hours, and you really like cheese, then go for it! If you're more of an Olan Rodgers type (see: The Melting Pain), then I suggest you choose a different location for your dinner endevours. 

Olan's description, sans the misery, is actually pretty accurate, but I'll give you a brief run through anyway. 

You begin your evening with some massively sized menus. You order. Then you wait. The pan has to heat up, so it does, in fact, sit there for a solid period of time, during which time, you act like a fool, obviously. 






Next, the meal begins, with my personal favorite part: the heavenly and holy cheesus! (Try not to drool on your keyboard while ogling the melted goodness). 






The next part of your meal is the "entree". This part I had not tried on our previous excursion to the Melting Pot, so I want to give fair warning to anyone (i.e. a man or someone like me, who has a very healthy appetite), that this is not a large quantity of food, and that if you're expecting to be hamburger-full afterwards, try again. However, if you just want some full on delectableness, in petite quantity, winner-winner! 







Last, but definitely not least, is dessert. CHOCOLATE! This part is pretty basic: they bring you a plate full of dessert and you dip it in melted chocolate, then consume (while trying to avoid completely scalding your tongue on molten gooey goodness, from being a little over enthusiastic with excitement). 







Then lick the plate (in the most socially acceptable way possible). 


All in all, it was a lovely evening. There is something really delightful in dressing up in your high heels, not trying to impress anyone in particular, but just too feel good, and treating yourself to a nice meal. And it's even better in good company.  

I must say, though, if I were to go again, and I recommend if you want to check it out that you do the same, to just order the cheese & chocolate. Is it a well balanced meal? Probably not. But it is the best part, and will probably shave a good hour off the time it takes to have your meal.

Or, if you want to skip the fancy get up and dinner out, why not throw a fondue party instead?! As long as, if you take this suggestion, you don't forget to invite me. Deal? ;) 

Yours, Kenna. 

No comments:

Post a Comment



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...