October 10, 2013

Just Breathe

Sometimes, the best thing you can do after (or during) a long stressful week, is just take a break. Leave whatever is making you stressed behind and go somewhere to just breathe.

For most of us college students, we've been bombarded with mid-terms and projects for the past couple weeks; I know I have. Especially last week, even when more tests were coming, and the stress of deadlines nearing, I just needed a break. I teeny tiny window of time to say "peace out world." Luckily I have the best friends, who were feeling just like I was. And an added bonus: we live in a city chalk full of great escapes. One of my favorites of which is Balboa Park

Balboa is this immense park (1200 acres to be exact), that is home to a number of awesome attractions, including, the San Diego Zoo, the Natural History Museum, the San Diego Museum of Art, The Old Globe, and The Museum of Man, just to name a few. What's great, though, is that you don't even have to go to one of these museums or other places in the park, you can just walk around and enjoy all the beauty around you. Which is exactly how Nicole, Rubi, and I escaped our hectic schedules last week.








Don't you just want to climb to the tippy top?
















I have to say, I felt so much better after our little jaunt around the park. We talked, we laughed, and mostly just unwound. By the time I was back home I was fully prepared to jump back on my to-do list and get things done. 

So my advice is this: find your escape. Get away from everything, sit down, and take a look around you. Wherever you go, I bet as you look around, and take a moment to really feel the whole of the universe moving around you, you'll appreciate life a little more, and your problems will feel a whole lot less troublesome. 

Yours, Kenna

No comments:

Post a Comment



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...